Our mission is providing our member institutions the resources that will ensure their students an affordable, value-based education that prepares them for success in a global economy.
Our vision is to become a self funded organization and assist the member institutions in sustainability through collaboration and cost effective operations.
Our Value Proposition
Our value proposition is 100% of every dollar donated will be distributed to our member schools as intended. The four colleges cover 100% of the administrative costs of the fund, which is audited annually and carries the coveted Better Business Bureau Charity Seal.
Virginia businesses and foundations support VCF because:
- Member institutions are fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Member institutions have provided accredited educational programs to Virginia students for a combined 569 years
- 94 percent of 2013-2014 total enrollments comprise Virginia residents
- 31 percent of 2013-2014 total enrollments are minorities
- 20 percent of 2013-2014 total enrollments are First Generation College Attendees, the first of their families ever to attend college
- 49 percent of 2013-2014 total enrollments represent low-to-moderate income families
- 91 percent of our 2013-2014 total enrollments require some type of financial aid in order to pursue their dreams of a higher education
- More than $128 million in general operating funds was expended into the Virginia economy last year, none of which fell as a burden to Virginia's corporate or individual tax payer
- The average endowment for our member schools was $18.8 million dollars
- The average tuition for our five schools is $26,825.00, the average annual comprehensive cost is $38,539.00, and the average assistance grant or award is $23,709.00 (61%)